SCAHD is excited and honored to offer the Mentoring Program as a resource to our members. Through the Mentoring Program, experienced philanthropy professionals in all areas of Development, from Annual Giving to Major Gifts, Event Management, Database Administration, Data Mining, and Administration are paired with an individual new to the field or looking for guidance in a specific area.
The Mentor and the Mentee determine the scope and duration of the mentoring relationship.
If you are a current member, please complete the Mentor/Mentee Application available on the SCAHD Circle Community.
When you are a Mentee, your Mentor can:
- Answer your challenging questions
- Direct you to the resources you need
- Guide you to develop your Program and Strategies
- Inform you about important laws and legislation
- Broaden your impact on the success of individuals and organizations
- Become an engaged and respected participant of your professional Community
Criteria to participate in the SCHAD Mentoring Program are as follows:
- All participants are current members of SCAHD.
- All participants must adhere to the Statement of the Ethnical Principles in Fundraising.
Mentees are encouraged to serve as a volunteer for SCAHD. Opportunities include assisting with the bi-monthly education sessions, the Annual Meeting held in December, or serving on a Board-approved committee or task force.
For more information or if you are interested in the Mentoring Program, either as a Mentor or Mentee, please send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an application or visit the Mentoring Program space on SCAHD’s Circle Community.