The healthcare professionals of Methodist Hospital of Southern California are always exploring new ways to think, learn and grow. Every team member of our 348-bed, not-for-profit facility in Arcadia works in unison to help our patients—and each other—reach their goals and achieve positive outcomes. Together, we deliver care with the greatest compassion, while always striving to exemplify our shared values of IRAISE – Integrity, Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Safety and Excellence. If you’d like to join our exceptional team, consider this full-time opportunity for a Director of Annual Giving.
The Director of Annual Giving is primarily responsible for the development and execution of an integrated, multi-channel marketing program that achieves annual fund financial targets, as well as goals relating to donor retention, donor upgrade and new donor acquisition.
In order to achieve these program goals, the successful candidate will:
- Seek out patient stories and develop compelling appeals
- Move a portfolio of current annual donors to higher levels of giving through cultivation and solicitation and into personal relationship-based development efforts
- Reach out to lapsed donors to reinstate giving
- Acquire new annual donors through the use of appropriate lists, as well as through the oversight of employee giving, tribute and memorial gift programs
- Oversee annual donor recognition programs
The director appropriately interfaces with donors, directors, volunteer leaders, hospital administrators, physicians, department heads and front-line personnel in the performance of duties.
- A Bachelor’s degree (Post Graduate degree preferred)
- A minimum of five years of experience as a full-time professional fundraising executive in a not-for-profit setting with a solid track record of performance in and significant responsibility for Annual Giving Programs
- Ability to develop effective outbound marketing programs such as direct mail, crowd funding, social media and email appeals, as well as an ability to improve inbound marketing through design recommendations for user friendly web pages and giving forms
- Excellent quantitative analytical abilities in order to create effective mailing lists, evaluate giving trends, make recommendations and alter strategy as needed to optimize giving
- A results-oriented team player with a commitment to and enthusiasm for philanthropy
- Ability and willingness to travel on a limited basis and to work evenings and weekends as dictated by the fundraising program
- Ability to work with other fundraising professionals and support staff, medical staff, foundation leadership, volunteers and professional advisers, as well as work independently, with little or no supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with volunteers and the ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people from all types of backgrounds
- High ethical standards
- Strong management, administrative and organizational skills
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) certification preferred
- Familiarity with Arcadia and the Greater San Gabriel Valley helpful
- Familiarity with medical institutions preferred
At Methodist Hospital, you’ll enjoy an excellent compensation and benefits package, including professional development programs, and much more.